TRS’ Copper Classic
Now with There Will Be Dust VI in the rearview mirror, it is time once again to turn our attention to our ever-popular AMRA Series race event, the Copper Classic. Your club will be hosting the race in San Manuel on Saturday March 9th, 2019.
Your Club Officers are now seeking volunteers to form the Race Planning Committee and begin taking on the event planning action list. This event should be of special interest to those TRS members currently racing this year’s AMRA series. We can use your experiences obtained from riding the other races to help ensure our event offers the best venue in the entire series. So I am looking for a strong representation from our racers on both the Race Planning Committee and the action list.
This Post Has 2 Comments
I’m no race expert but would like to share some brainstorm ideas I had about what helps to make a good race event..and these items are just my opinion, thanks. 🙂
• Make sure the scoring is accurate and posted soon as possible
• A well-marked course is very appreciated,, especially where there is a split.
• Have lots of pertinent information on the race flyer
• Have fun, challenging race course
• A recovery plan in place for injured riders and or broken bikes out on the course
• Cool finisher pins/awards/towels..
• ..and please, please someone remember to call up the sanitary supply company to provide port-a-johns for the event(yes that happened before but not us thank goodness..lol)
One thing I would like to add is that the TRS club pretty much has always put on great events , let’s keep up the tradition, thanks all.
Thanks Shawn, good points, we will incorporate them in our plans.
Comments are closed.