There is a 150 Rider Limit for this year’s TWBD
Event Staging Location: Amado Territory Inn & Ranch, 3001 I-19 Frontage Rd, Amado, AZ 85645. From Tucson, take I-19 south towards Amado. Turn off I-19 on Exit # 48 (Arivaca Road). Turn left under the interstate to the eastside Frontage Road. Turn right and follow the signs to the Amado Territory entrance. GPS Coordinates: 31° 43′ 29.2″ N, 111° 3′ 27.3″ W
Day Only Parking: On the Amado Territory Inn private property, $5 per vehicle per day. This applies to those who unload their bike from their vehicle or trailer, but do not plan to camp. There are gravel parking areas near the registration area available for day only parking. Ask a TRS “CREW” official for parking instructions.
Over Night Camping: $10 per vehicle per night (Tents, Trucks, Toy hauler, and RVs welcome) on the Amado Territory Inn private property. Ask a TRS Crew official for directions. Water, restroom and trash dumpster on site, no hook ups. No campfires of any type allowed. Quiet hours 10:00pm to 6:00am. Please clean up your campsite before leaving the Amado Territory property.
- Rooms available at the Amado Territory Inn, (520) 398-8684.
- Free Camping on Az. State Trust Land (A State Trust Land Recreation Permit is required, 6 miles from venue) GPS coordinates 31.655581, -111.062973
- De Anza RV Park (no tents)
Amado, AZ 85645
Phone: (520) 398-8628
- Mountain View RV Ranch (tents allowed)
- Amado, AZ 85645
- Phone: (520) 398-9401
- Several hotels in Green Valley about 15 minutes away.
Friday Afternoon, November 18
Check-in: Available at the staging area on the Amado Property from 4:30 – 6:00pm. There is No Walk-In Registration available. All registrations must be done on-line.
At check-in you will:
- Need to turn in or complete a signed AMA Insurance/Liability waiver.
- Receive 2 rider number stickers. One number should go on the right side of your bike’s headlight mask. The other is a spare.
- Receive a TWBD event sticker.
- Receive 1 free raffle ticket
Saturday November 19, 2022
Check-in: Available at the staging area on the Amado Property from 6:00 – 7:45am. There is No Walk-In Registration available. All registrations must be done on-line.
At check-in you will:
- Need to turn in or complete a signed AMA Insurance/Liability waiver
- Receive 2 rider number stickers. One number should go on the right side of your headlight mask. The other is a spare.
- Receive a TWBD event sticker.
- Receive 1 free Raffle ticket.
Riders Meeting: The riders meeting near the check-in area at 8:00am All riders need to be out for their ride no later than 8:30am.
Non-Plated Dirt Bikes: For those riders doing the non-plated (aka not street legal dirt bikes), keep your bike on your truck or trailer. After the riders meeting you will transport your dirt bike to the starting location for your route. This location is about 1.5 miles from the Amado Territory. A TRS “Crew” official will provide directions to your starting location.
Breakfast: There is no breakfast available in Amado. You are on your own.
Lunch: Your entry fee pays for a lunch. A box lunch style meal from the Longhorn Grill & Saloon will be served on the trail. The meal includes sandwich wrap, chips, cookie, and water/Gatorade. Meal choices are a beef, turkey/chicken, or veggie wrap. Additional lunches for guests can be purchased on-line prior to the event.
Dinner: Your entry fee pays for a dinner. The dinner meal will be available between 5:00pm to 6:00pm. The Longhorn Grill & Saloon of Amado will be providing a buffet style meal to include pork ribs, chicken, campfire beans, Cole slaw, dinner roll and peach cobbler. Extra dinner meal tickets can be purchased for your guests. Non-alcoholic drinks are included with the dinner. Alcohol will be available for purchase at the bar.
Dinner will be served in the Frontier outdoor covered patio/tent. The Longhorn Grill and Saloon is on the westside of I-19 about .3 of a mile from the Amado Territory, 28851 S Nogales Hwy, Amado AZ. 85645.
Route Description/Difficulty: TRS has selected routes that are first and foremost fun. A detailed route information sheet will be provided separate from this communication. There will be GPS active Avenza maps and GPX files. All routes will be ~100 or more miles depending on route choice.
There will be five route maps available for you to choose from.
- ‘A’ Route
- ‘A’ No Plate Route (not street legal)
- ‘B’ Route
- ‘C’ Route
- ‘D’ Route (Best for riders new to the sport)
The routes will take the rider through the Tumacacori Mountains, and Buenos Aires National Wildlife Preserve. There are A, B, C and D routes available.
‘A’ route is the toughest and includes all manner of 2-track and some pavement and selected Red Spring Trail single-track trails.
‘A’ No Plate’ route is a special route for non-plated or non-street legal dirt bike bikes which will include some portions of the Red Spring Trail. These single-track sections can be difficult and challenging and not intended for beginner riders.
‘B’ routes are a mix of maintained and un-maintained roads and should be considered “challenging” routes for Big Bike riders.
NOTE: A Big Bike is something over 400 pounds!
‘C’ routes are big bike friendly and will be paved roads along with maintained and semi-maintained dirt roads.
‘D’ route is mostly paved roads with a few sections of maintained dirt roads (14 miles), this route is for riders that just want mostly paved roads. Note, this route will take you from Amado to Arivaca, Sasabe, Three Points, South Tucson and Green Valley. Best route for riders new to the sport.’
GPS Track Files & Avenza Maps: This navigation data will be sent via email to all TWBD participants about a week prior to the event. Questions about the Avenza maps and or GPS tracks can be answered at Check-in. TWBD participants are responsible for loading the Avenza map or GPX tracks into their personal navigation devices.
A test Avenza map is here, this is a good way to verify functionality of your Avenza based navigation prior to us releasing the actual maps. https://link.avenza.com/cnVs
- No gas available in Amado.
- Fill up before you arrive in Amado.
- Closest gas stations to the Amado Territory are in Green Valley & Tubac.
- Marathon, 3000 S Camino Del Sol, Green Valley, AZ 85622. About 8 miles away from the Amado Territory.
- Chevron, 171 W Continental Rd, Green Valley, AZ 85614. About 10 miles away from the Amado Territory.
- El Mercado, 2261 I-19 Frontage Rd, Tubac, AZ 85646. About 8 miles away from the Amado Territory. No diesel.
- Gas available in Arivaca / Green Valley / Rio Rico for those riding the A,B,C and D routes.
- ‘A’ Non-plated dirt bike riders, bring along a full can of gas for your ride.
- TRS will transport these gas cans for the non-plated dirt bike riders to a location on the trail and return them to the Longhorn Grill & Saloon.
- The location will be announced at the Riders meeting.
THIS IS NOT A RACE! Caution – ALL HIGHWAYS, DIRT ROADS AND TRAILS WILL HAVE TWO WAY TRAFFIC, everything from other bikes, cars, trucks, side x sides and cattle. Please use extra caution in route sections with blind corners. As best you can, stay on your side of the road! STAY RIGHT. You will ride at or below the posted speed limit on the street.
Every participant must check-out with a TRS “Crew “volunteer as you leave the Amado Territory to start your ride, check-in at your lunch stop and check-in again upon completing the ride back at the Longhorn Grill and Saloon.
We strongly encourage you to find a riding buddy if you are new to this style of event. Please plan to ride with others, it is not safe to ride alone.
Should you have an emergency call 911. There will be limited sweep rider coverage.
All participants are responsible for their own safety and should ride within in their range of ability. Carry the basic bike repair supplies, water, and a snack to consume along the ride. Because cell coverage is spotty, we strongly recommend a personal satellite communication device such as a Garmin inReach or SPOT type device.
Raffle Prize Party
To be conducted immediately after dinner ~6:00pm. 1st Raffle ticket is free. Additional tickets can be purchased, 3 for $5, 6 for $10, 12 for $20.
The location of the raffle Prize Party will be at the Longhorn Grill & Saloon.
Due to lead time constants, T-shirt sales will close on October 30th.