There Will Be Dust VIII (8) – Breaking News
Trail Riders of Southern Arizona (TRS) is proud to announce they will be hosting this outstanding ride & fund raiser once again this November. However, due to the Mayor’s decision to prohibit large social gatherings in the town of Patagonia, TRS had to regroup and obtain an alternate location. We are very pleased to inform you this year’s event will be hosted out of the town of Amado, Arizona. The owner of the Longhorn Grill & Saloon is excited to join with TRS in providing another quality motorcycling ride experience.
Event Date: Saturday November 21, 2020
Some key points of interest related to the event. These actions will be implemented to address the pandemic social distancing concerns.
• To reduce line queues at Check-in, all registrations/event related purchases (ride, extra meal tickets, raffle tickets, t-shirt sales) for the event will be done on-line via Eventbrite.
• To reduce line queues at Check-in, the AMA Liability form will be emailed to those registered such that these forms can be completed by the rider in advance and dropped off in a box at the check-in table.
• To provide for proper social distancing, outdoor & indoor space will be made available at the Longhorn Grill & Saloon for meals (breakfast & dinner).
TRS will be publishing an event flier and updates to a webpage in the coming weeks. Greater event detail will be provided in those postings, so stay tuned.
A recommendation for those planning to stay in the Amado area Friday and Saturday nights. Because our event is close to Thanksgiving, you may wish to make reservations now for hotel or RV accommodations.
Here is a short list for your consideration.
Nearby Hotel Accommodations
Best Western Green Valley Inn
111 S La Canada Drive
Green Valley, Arizona 85614
Phone: (520) 625-2250
12 miles, 14 minutes from the Longhorn Saloon & Bar
Vagabond Inn Executive – Green Valley Sahuarita
19200 S. I-19 Frontage Road
Green Valley, Arizona, 85614
15 miles, 17 minutes from the Longhorn Saloon & Bar
Comfort Inn Green Valley I-19
90 West Esperanza Blvd.
Green Valley, AZ, 85614, US
Phone: (520) 399-3736
12.5 miles or 14 minutes from the Longhorn Saloon & Bar
Nearby RV Park Accommodations
De Anza RV Park
Address: 2869 I-19 Frontage Rd
Amado, AZ 85645
Phone: (520) 398-8628
*No Tent Camping*
2.0 miles or 4 minutes from the Longhorn Saloon & Bar
Mountain View RV Ranch
Address: 2843 East Frontage Road
2843 I-19 Frontage Rd
Amado, AZ 85645
Tent Camping Available
2.2 miles or 4 minutes from the Longhorn Saloon & Bar
Nearby Dispersed Camping (ask for GPS coordinates)
• Arizona State Trust Land. (Recreation Permit Required)
• Coronado National Forest managed land.