TRS’ December Club Meeting
There Will Be Dust slideshow played prior to the meeting.
Welcome to new members and guests. New members, Max, Fred, Clint and Andrew.
29 names on the sign in sheet.
Toast to TRS!!!
Thanked On Any Moto for allowing TRS to once again use their facility to hold our meeting. Ann N. from On Any Moto was on hand at the meeting.
Kevin H. reported on his visit to the 2023 AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony in Pickerington Ohio. Awesome experience and he had a photo taken with Travis Pastrana. Kevin also serves on an AMA Recreational Riding Commission and described the work his group is doing to improve recreational riding across the States.
Financials: TRS is in a good position to support the March Copper Classic in San Manuel. Recent major expenses, $100 to the Super Hunky Go Fund Me, $1,374 to purchase the metal and materials for the Red Spring Trail kiosk. This expense will be reimbursed by the OHV Program grant fund. The club Treasurer will be pursuing a Pinal County grant to support the Copper Classic.
Holiday Humor: Lines from classic holiday movies were read out loud and the audience were asked to name what movie they were from.
AMRA: New AMRA race series administrative guidelines have been issued, see more below. TRS is in need of a new Race Committee Rep. Thanks to Tim M. for his service as one of our reps.
There Will Be Dust recap.
Thanks to all the volunteers and supporters. Another great event,
~100 riders, 18 No Shows.
Raised $3,000 for the East Santa Cruz County Food Bank. Check presentation 12-18-23 in Patagonia.
TRS volunteers received a thank you gift.
Red Spring Trail kiosk project signs are nearly ready. Once released, they will be mounted to the kiosk
framework, then the framework and signs will be delivered to the trailhead and installed.
• Recent meetings the USFS to revitalize the Patagonia Single-Track project. This project is expected to be on their program of work for 2025.
• Recent meeting with the USFS and a reporter from the Green Valley News at the Red Spring Trail. Interviews, photos and video were conducted. This is all intended to promote the trail system and encourage usage.
• Single Track Training 101, Kelly and Anthony. ~15 interested. January 7, 2024, is the first class.
• Copper Classic March 9, 2024, Hare Scramble format.
• AMRA issued a Club Packet to help organize the series races and improve planning coordination between clubs and AMRA.
• AMA Race Sanction submitted; insurance rates not yet available for 2024.
• TRS race planning underway.
• AMA Service Awards issued to Shawn, Troy, Anthony, Kelly, Gary, Mike C, John B, Molly, and Tim Mc.
Tech Tip: Interesting Facts about dirt bikes presented some humorous and others serious. Example: Small circlips, springs and washers instantly disappear on your shop floor when dropped during a component disassembly but will reappear on your shop floor approximately 30 to 45 days after new replacement parts are purchased and installed.
Open Discussion: The Redington Pass clean-up was well attended by the dirt bike community, perhaps the best ever. Thanks to Ryan H. was coordinating this effort. This show of support goes a long way in the eyes of the Coronado National Forest.
A New Year’s Day ride was discussed. There was strong support for the ride to be held on Monday January 1, 2024. Parrish T. has invited TRS to stage the ride at the JWJ Museum in San Manuel.
A club raffle was held to close the meeting.
TRS’ December Club Meeting