The final TRS club meeting for 2019 drew about 35 club members at our club house, East Coast Super Subs last night.
A few highlights:
• Reviewed the very successful There Will Be Dust VII event.
• As a result of this event, TRS was able to make a $2,000 cash donation to the East Santa Cruz County Community Food Bank, located in Patagonia.
• Heard a detailed AMRA Race Committee report, thanks Mr. Beers.
• Shared a summary of the Red Spring Single Track Trail Dedication Ceremony.
• Reminded the club about the upcoming kick-off planning meeting for the 2020 Copper Classic, AMRA race.
• Read aloud the annual Night Before A Dirt Bike Christmas story, with a new Santa this year.
• Briefly discussed the annual New Year’s Day club ride and lunch. After meeting discussions suggest we continue with our tradition by having the ride in San Manuel.
• And most importantly, we issued an AMA Safety Award to our own Todd Davis. We recognized his many years of service supporting the Copper Classic and There Will Be Dust events as a course EMT. Having him on the course providing quick response to injured riders adds a level of confidence our event participants will receive prompt medical aid in their time of need. Thanks Todd!!